Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) is an online entrance exam conducted by the management school Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI), Jamshedpur for allowing candidates to enroll for various post-graduate management programs. XAT is conducted on behalf of Xavier Association of Management Institutes (XAMI) and the score is accepted by Xavier Labour Relation Institute (XLRI) and other top and reputed management institutes in India. Among the various online entrance tests XAT is considered to be one of the toughest.
XAT Exam 2018-19: Date, Registration, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card
What is XAT?
About XAT Exam
XAT is conducted every year in the selected cities across various States and Union Territories. Candidates can choose a city according to their preference during the registration process. XAT selection process adopted is not similar for Xavier Labour Relation Institute and other colleges. Intending students can appear in the entrance exam by meeting the eligibility criteria.
XAT Exam Pattern
In XAT, all questions carry equal marks. However, negative mark will be given for incorrect answers and un-attempted questions. Candidates are given access to the entire question paper and are also allowed to switch between sections. In 2019 the XAT exam pattern is:
- General Knowledge (GK)
- Decision Making (DM)
- Verbal and Logical Ability (VA & LR)
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI)
XAT Exam Syllabus
The syllabus for XAT changes in accordance with the XAT exam pattern but questions are given based on topics asked in the previous years with no repetitions. As the entrance exam is conducted by the XLRI, any change in XAT exam pattern also changes the XAT syllabus. However, over the years many changes have been included in the syllabus for XAT 2019.
The eligibility criteria for XAT are as follows:
- Candidates must hold a Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3 (three) years duration or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized University.
- Candidates appearing in the final year examination of Bachelor’s Degree are also eligible to apply for XAT.
- Candidates willing to appear in GMP at XLRI can also apply through GMAT score as well. However, candidates interested in BM, HRM and GMP at XLRI can apply through GMAT score.
XAT 2019 Admit Card
The admit card for XAT 2019 is made available on the website. Candidates can click the given link on the website to download the admit card and take a print out.